Who are we?
The roots of Greens Lane Methodist Church are to be found in the former Methodist societies of Fairfield and Hartburn Stockton on Tees.
The Fairfield chapel had been in existence since the early 1900s ,
and had occupied what had once been the Institute Hall in the Avenue Stockton.
The Hartburn Church was built in 1952, on land that had been leased to Hartburn Tennis Club, and the first service was held on Sunday April 11 1953.
To better serve the needs of a growing community of west Stockton it was decided to bring the two churches together
on the Hartburn site, and this was accomplished in April 1976,
under the name of Greens Lane Methodist Church.
A large octagonal extension, which houses the main worship area,
was built and opened on December 11 1976.
Our mission statement reads;-
We are here to worship God,
To share the love of Jesus Christ with all,
and to put such love into practise in our daily living.